Vertigo

Vertigo
Vertigo

Thursday, March 31, 2016

My Sweet Patty

I can't believe Patty Duke has died at 69. It was something anyone could have experienced and succumbed, but it is still hard to wrap my head around. I grew up with her on TV (Patty Duke Show, My Sweet Charlie) and movies (The Miracle Worker), and met her at the MidAtlantic Nostalgia Convention several years ago. I have to tell you she was friendly, warm and engaging-a genuine person. She made you... feel good just meeting her. A lot of celebrities have passed away recently like the precious comedian,Gary Shandling, who I saw in person at a very early comedy club standup in L.A., and it goes to show that life is short and you should treasure the memories and relationships while forging ahead and living a good life.


No comments: