Vertigo

Vertigo
Vertigo

Tuesday, October 04, 2022

The Queen of Country


Country singer Loretta Lynn passed at 90. This legend won 3 Grammy Awards and lifetime awards as queen of country music for 7 decades while writing the first number one country single by a female artist. Her story was dramatized on film with Sissy Spacek winning an Oscar as Loretta in Coal Miners Daughter. Her 50th album, Still Woman Enough, was recorded last year and its title track contains her life in her own words.


"I'm still woman enough, still got what it takes inside;

I know how to love, lose, and survive;

Ain't much I ain't seen, I ain't tried;

I've been knocked down, but never out of the fight;

I'm strong, but I'm tender;

Wise, but I'm tough;

And let me tell you when it comes to love;

I'm still woman enough."

No comments: