Vertigo

Vertigo
Vertigo

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Director Forman Tackled Adaptations to Acclaim

Director Milos Forman passed away at 86, and although he made a relatively limited number of films, he will always be remembered for his films of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and Amadeus which won Best Picture and Director at the Oscars. In fact he took on the challenge of adapting other challenging source materials including Ragtime and Hair.
I remember there was a call for extras on the DC Mall for  the climactic shot in Hair. Hosted by comedian Robert Klein and music highlighted by Bonnie Raitt, my friends and I saw them film a musical scene that was actually used the film, and then we participated in the final crowd scene-so maybe, just maybe I am in there somewhere. The film was shown at our UMCP theater to great response; although not a big hit in general, college students loved it as did I. Great memories.

No comments: