Vertigo

Vertigo
Vertigo

Saturday, September 03, 2022

Spidey and National Cinema Day


 Today was the first National Cinema Day when all films at most theater chains charged only $3 for all shows to bring people to the movie theaters during the slower Labor Day Weekend. I went to my neighborhood theater and had a choice of several titles narrowing it down to Elvis (which I had not seen and is now on streaming), Top Gun Maverick (which I saw in theaters), and Spiderman No Way Home (I saw in theaters but this release contained 11 minutes of bonus material). I picked Spidey. The theater was fairly busy! I was still grabbed by the film which was a thrill from start to finish and elicited strong emotions toward the end. The bonus material was at times easy to spot, and some were melded seamlessly into the narrative. There was a clever post credit scene that calls back to the earlier Tom Holland films. I would say the promotion was a success. Now let's release some more quality films to draw moviegoers like me to the movies...

No comments: